The first project that came all along it’s way in Android a area of mobile space where I want to get deep expertise. The project is to make a mathematical calculator in Android. The main objective of this project was to get familiar with the environment and Android platform. As I have done few projects already in mobile application development it was little easy for me to get accustomed with the environment. I mainly wanted to design the application in a more Object Oriented way. Hence made sure that I developed in the following way
- Followed TDD for core functionalities
- Implement main core functionalites as separate classes
- Just use the objects of those classes in Android activities.
I was able to complete the project on time and learned quite a few stuffs as below
- Separate core functionalities from the Activities
- Alert Dialogs how to display alert dialogs